Harbour Edge House – 1910 (reworked)
The existing villa, built c.1910, is one of Auckland’s early waterfront homes sited on the inner Waitemata Harbour.
A rework and extension of the original structure responds to the requirements of modern living and creates a direct connection to the park-like landholding and coastal outlook.
A new sky-lit kitchen is placed between the original structure and its new twin – the central space conceived as an internal courtyard between the new and the old. The new symmetry anchors the two wings and frames the harbour edge outlook.
Project Team –